Blogging for Business 101
An online blogging course for entrepreneurs to create on-point content for your business that attracts readers, cultivates clients and grows sales
Creating good content is vital to the success of any business and in this online blogging course you will:
- Get into the right mindset for content creation
- Discover what you’re really selling
- Create an avatar of your ideal business client/blog reader
- Learn how to write blog posts targeted to your clients
- Write authentically and with confidence
- Discover how to write for an internet & mobile audience
- Find out what words your clients are using in Google
- Learn how to use keywords effectively in your blog posts
- Research your competitors SEO to write your blog content
take a peak inside ‘blogging for business 101’
Module 1: Introduction
- Copy vs. content
Module 2: clarity
Who are you?
What’s your business?
What are you really selling?
Why do you want to blog?
What’s in it for you and them?
When can you commit?
Creating your ideal reader avatar
Module 3: Inspiration & voice
People buy from people
Being human and finding your voice
Levels of passion
Nurturing your muse
What to do when you’re out of inspiration
Module 4: keywords & competitors
- SEO (Search Engine Optimisation)
- The importance of keywords and where to find them
- Using competitors to inspire your content
Module 5: structure
The anatomy of a blog post
Plotting and planning
The 4 Es
Slipping in keywords
Ending in action
Keeping it legal
Module 6: craft
Writing for the web
Keeping consistent with a house style
Module 7: after blogging
Marketing your content
Creating a content strategy
Blogging for others
why blogging is vital to your business success
- Business blogging is steadily on the rise
- Companies with a blog receive more leads than those that don’t
- A business blog has tremendous SEO benefits and organic search attracts high-quality leads
- A business blog has more long-term ROI (return on investments) than traditional marketing efforts
- Websites with a blog have tend to have 434% more indexed pages (which means Google will love you)
- Businesses that blog receive 97% more links to their website
- Blogs have been rated as the 5th most trusted source of accurate information
- 60% of consumers feel engaged/positive with a brand or company after reading custom content on their blog
How much does ‘blogging for business 101’ cost?
Providing good quality content that catches your customer’s attention can be the foundation stone of your marketing efforts.
Blogging for business provides your customers with valuable content that they’re searching for, you create authority for your business and you bring awareness to your brand. Through blogging you can foster relationships with potential customers as they grow to like, know and trust you through the blog content you create.
Instead of trying to work out the technicalities of blogging DIY style, Blogging for Business 101 gives you everything you need to create effective content.
The investment is only £147.
Make sure you have all the right components on your website to keep your blog visitors happy and coming back for more content.
Watch how you can set up your own WordPress website and blog in this hour-long video
blog post checklist
You can use this checklist every time you create content to make sure you include all the vital components of an effective blog post.
about your instructor
Lyn Thurman is a published author and blogger, with over a decade experience under her belt. She has also worked as a new editor for an internet content creation company and has freelanced as a writer, covering subjects as diverse as finance and psychology.
With an HND in business & IT, she is passionate about self-employment and small business. With experience in running her own businesses since 2007, she now helps other entrepreneurs to self-publish books, find their blogging groove, and discover business opportunities in the digital age.